If there is one thing I love it is learning something new. That’s why on Sunday when I was looking through the Sunday Telegraph my eyes lit up like a farmer’s water supply after the Coal Seam Gas Miners move in.
It turns out the ladies of Sydney’s West absolutely love Tony Abbott and will be voting for him in droves, what a revelation.
The cynic buried deep inside me initially thought that this is once again another sterling example of the right wing media trying to convince us all that black is in fact white after all. Yet another vain attempt to convince ladies in the West that they are all alone in hating Abbotts guts by talking down to them as if they are completely brain dead and don’t talk to their friends.
But in my haste I completely forgot some of the things that make the ladies of Western Sydney different to the rest of the country. It is these differences that would probably be the reasons that these ladies from our West support Tony. With that in mind I will cover 10 of them off, as the Telegraph appears to have forgotten to fully explain.
- Women in the West despise their children. If there is one thing that the ladies of the west couldn’t care less about it is their children’s education. Julia Gillard has made a clear error in backing the GONSKI review, parents in the West clearly prefer the approach of the Coalition who when in government for 13 years and did nothing but put a flagpole in schools that didn’t have them. This is a big win for Abbott.
- While on education, the last thing the women in Sydney’s West want is a Back To School Bonus. Big mistake Julia. Why would those in Sydney’s West who already have so much money want more cash to waste on text books and other assorted educational crap? Tony Abbotts decision to scrap the bonus is a winner, that way the money can be used to provide tax breaks for some of those poor struggling mining executives.
- One thing that the ladies in the West were truly dreading was seeing their children, as well as a large number of those ladies working part time being taken out of the tax system. They truly loved paying their tax, and thoroughly enjoyed the paperwork at tax time and the fines if they were late. Women in the West think there is nothing better to spend their money on than the Tax Dept. Gillard’s plans to take this simple pleasure away is yet another reason to back Abbott.
- Whilst on tax, women in the West want to pay more, not less. Gillard’s decision to raise the tax free threshold will not only take many out of the tax system, but it will lower the tax of millions of low income Australians. Sydney’s westerly women were looking forward to paying more tax so that those on the richer side of town can have babies, stay home and still receive a wage greater than many in the West receive for working double shifts.
- Those women in the West who have taken the plunge and opened their own business can’t wait for Tony Abbott to punish small business by putting up the company tax rate as he has promised in one of his scarce policies. Hopefully their small business can go bust and be absorbed by one of Abbotts big business buddies…
- Speaking of Tony Abbotts promise to raise the company tax rate. Women in the West are dying to see that tax go through every part of the supply chain and push up the prices at their local supermarket. Every retail supplier will be paying extra tax and will have to adjust prices. Also raising prices due to the tax will be suppliers of that companies IT, marketing, power, landlord, cleaning, accounting, telecommunication, freight, warehousing, electricity, water, legal services, raw material supply, company car, and human resource services plus many more. With every link paying an extra 1%, women in the west can’t wait to see what that will turn into at the checkout. An artificial raising of the GST, bring it on Tony.
- Women in the West also don’t like the responsibility of making their own choices. Things such as the right to choose when it comes to a pregnancy, they would much rather see that choice be handed to someone like Tony Abbott or an arch bishop. Abbott has time and again shown us that he thinks his opinion is more important than a womans right. Women of the West look forward to having another choice taken away.
- The Women in Sydney’s West were absolutely disgusted at the Gillard Governments attempts to cut down the number of smokers. In the West we all want our children to die a painful death at a young age, that is why the women of the West will always support a political party like Abbotts that prefers to take vast donations from big tobacco instead of fighting them.
- The Women of Sydney’s West also love a real man. Women swooned when Tony Abbott had the guts to stand threateningly over a war veteran in a wheelchair in parliament, it took them back to the glory days when he taunted the dying Bernie Banton. A big man Tony is indeed. Abbott’s apparent willingness to throw punches at the head of a woman only made him more attractive to women, you can’t go past an abuser…
- Women in the West love to be called witches and bitches, and that is why it was a happy day for them all when Tony Abbott decided to position himself for photos in front of his supporters that carried banners with derogatory and sexist slogans on them. Real classy…
As I said earlier, I was a little sceptical at first, but upon remembering the above facts I have thought again.
Maybe the Telegraphs reporter has learnt more about the women of Sydney’s West as she flies over it than those who live there have learned in a lifetime.
Or could it be that the Sunday Telegraph selected the women they chose to speak to as they came out of a local Liberal Party meeting?
The mind boggles.Follow @madwixxy